When you go to sell one of your portfolio companies, there will often be a spread between what you want to get and what the buyer wants to pay.
Part of that spread will be influenced by how well the portfolio company's management team presents the company.
They probably know their business really well, better than almost anyone.
But they usually know their business so well that it's easy to get lost in it, and thus hard for them to explain things clearly even to the savviest of investors.
We help your portfolio companies align their message so it connects with the buyers. We help them with the words and visual aids they’ll need to resonate with the buyers, so you end up leaving less money on the table.
Our clients work in Frontier and Emerging Markets for companies like:
A more complete overhaul of your portfolio company's internal and external financial communications. Ideal for those situations where a company that can play in a higher league would mean a better return for you.
Typically includes components like:
- Story vetted by outside parties during content design
- Individualized shortlist followup after meetings with potential investors
- Marketing automation for followup outside of shortlist
- Infographics-on-demand for after the meetings
- FAQ scripts (includes mp3 recordings)
- Conference call practice
- Ongoing messaging optimization
- Ongoing slide updates
Project duration: Usually about 4-6 months.
Management Presentation Prep
Ideal for preparing your portfolio companies for meetings with buyers.
- Content design
- Custom-designed investor presentation / pitchbook
- Training sessions to improve management team's delivery techniques
Project duration: Usually about 6-8 weeks; starts 6-8 weeks before the meeting, and then ends on the meeting date.
Ideal for PE companies that want to make sure their portfolio companies are leaders of investor marketing and communication practices.
Typically includes things like:
- Presentation skills diagnostics
- Investor meeting practice
- Industry leadership article assistance
- Investor communications troubleshooting
- Unlimited 24/7 access via phone, email, and chat
Project duration: Retainer is quarterly.